Thursday 6 February 2014

How did it end up like this?

This felt like an apt name for both the blog overall and this post together. My yaya (my Greek grandmother) taught me to crochet when I was 10 and though I picked it up very quickly I soon got bored of it. My yaya only used to make tablecloths and duvet covers - neither of which held much interest for the 10 year old me. In September 2011 my yaya passed away and about a year later I decided to take up crocheting again in the form of amigurumi in order to try and feel closer to her. I picked it up again as if I'd never stopped and I haven't stopped since, its become a bit of an obsession (hence the title of the post). I currently work in a call centre and I sit and crochet at my desk while waiting for phone calls and have taught a few of my colleagues to crochet as well. I have dabbled in crochet outside of amigurumi but I always come back to it. I just find it so versatile and with only a few slight changes to a pattern you can me something completely your own. I tend to buy amigurumi books for inspiration and then design my own patterns from there. 

I have a horrible habit of not quite finishing my crochet projects and part of my New Years resolution was to lose this habit. I thought that if I was posting pictures and blogs of things I was making online it might help push me to finish things.

So onto my next project.....Valentines Robot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment