Thursday 27 February 2014

Normal life is getting in the way of my crocheting!

Feel like normal life is stopping my crocheting at the minute which makes me really unhappy. Crocheting makes me happy and relaxes me so when I don't get time to sit and do it I feel like I'm missing out!

I finally got my robot finished, had a few problems getting the neck right, I kept making it too tall and then his neck was flopping round all over the place. I think if I make another one I'll just forgo the neck all together


I'm still not 100% happy with the neck but to be honest I don't know if I ever will be haha. I have actually submitted this guy into the hobbycraft "make of the month" competition. Fingers crossed that they like it!

Now that this is done I can get back to working on my doll prototype. Me and one of my friends (and also one of my crochet protegees) decided to look into starting up a little business making customised dolls and I'm currently in charge of designing the basic pattern. At the minute shes just being made out of odd bits of yarn that are lurking at the bottom of my craft ottoman (I have so much yarn I need a whole ottoman for it haha), that's why she's in some odd colours. For some reason she really scares my 18 year old sister, she says its the eyelashes but they're  not very clear on the photo because of all her hair! We've decided to call them "Yaya Dolls" after my lovely nan who taught me to crochet.


My boyfriend has also requested an A.W.E.S.O.M.-O. toy for his desk. For the people who are not avid South Park fans its from an episode where Cartman pretends to be a robot.

I've already sketched out a rough pattern for it so I can get started on it soon


No comments:

Post a Comment