Saturday 27 September 2014

September DI Craft Swap - Post 2

My Craft Swap arrived!!!

The postman tried to deliver it on Friday (the one day I wasn't at home for the post!) so I went to the sorting office before work today. The first thing I noticed when I picked it up was that it was heavier than I expected, and then, when I was walking up the road, decided I could feel what I thought was a book. Then I was super excited!

And I was right!


Sarah-Jane has sent me a copy of "Cute Little Gifts to Crochet". I love to crochet books! (and I have a lot!) I draw a lot of inspiration from them and find they often have stitches and techniques that I've never heard before!

The book is lovely, full of pictures and diagrams to help with making the amigurumi. It's divided into chapters, one of which is based on the holidays we celebrate. And then I was even more super excited - Christmas Crochet! Just the other day my mum was asking me to make her a Christmas tree decoration for her tree this year and now I have a pattern.

The second part was the handmade part and Sarah-Jane has made me this really cute picture holder - the base is a camera with a face!


I love inanimate objects with faces! They're just so cute! This is going to take pride of place on my desk at work when I put a photo in it

I've had a great time taking part in the Craft Swap and I can't wait until next months Woodland theme swap

If anyone wants to join in contact Hannah

Have a lovely weekend x


2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it hun ... was worried the posty had made off with it lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hve that same book and its great! and what an inspired idea for the handmade item - a smiley camera to hold your pictures :) i'm glad you are taking part in this craft swap, i really love it and all the themese we do. jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete