Monday 20 October 2014

Amigurumi vs "mindless crochet"

Anyone who has had a little nosey on my blog will know how much I love amigurumi. Its quick, uses simple stitches and they're adorable.


Although I love it amigurumi can sometimes be quite stressful, because its not constantly the same pattern each row it requires a fair amount of attention. Sometimes after a long day at work I like to do what I call "mindless crochet", things like blankets and clothing.

This is not to say that this type of crochet doesn't require skill or concentration. I often find these projects more difficult, especially when it comes to putting them together. However they tend to have big chunks in the middle where the same pattern row is repeated over and over again. I think its quite therapeutic really.



Both these are actually for Baby Harvey, I make a lot more amigurumi than I do anything else. However I am looking forward to starting my first project using a pattern chart. One of Dave's colleagues wants a butterfly pillow, I'll keep you updated on my progress

Take Care xx


2 comments:

  1. phwoar a butterfly pillow - that sounds fabulous! can't wait to see it - also I completely agree with the difference between amigurimi and 'mindless crochet' - think you've nailed it with the descriptions :) all your projects looks lovely by the way :) jenny xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh that little robot is so cute! Loving your rainbow crochet too :)

    ReplyDelete