Tuesday 16 December 2014

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Christmas is getting closer! Less than 10 days away and I'm already wishing I could stall time because there seems so much to do. This will be mine and Dave's second Christmas in our house. Its the horrible truth that once you leave home for good Christmas is not the same. Last year was the first year my sister woke up on Christmas morning without me, I think that was the hardest part for me. It was odd having no one tell me to go to bed early on Christmas eve. No matter how old we were we were always sent to bed early on Christmas eve because my mum would wrap everything for our stockings. She made me and Dave stockings last year but warned it would be the last time. This year me and Dave are doing each others. He said he didn't realise that everything that goes in the stocking has to be wrapped up (obviously it does or you'd see everything straight away), and I have always to have a tangerine at the bottom of the stocking.

As it is my favourite time of year I thought I would share some photos of how my Christmas is shaping up.

Christmas trees are an important part of Christmas for a lot of people. In my family its tradition to go to Wheelock farm and pick out a tree. Last year Dave suggested we get an artificial tree and I threw a tantrum! They don't smell like a tree its not the same!

Here's a picture of my sister holding up a tree for inspection at the farm, she always seems to pick the ones we get. All except the year I brought my friend Liza home from Uni to help pick out the tree. It didn't even last until New Years eve, my dad got so sick of needles falling off every time someone went within a foot of the tree he took it down early.
And here it is all decorated, I have nothing to do with tree decorating. Once me and Katie got to the age where tree decorating got tedious, my mum would take a day off work and decorate it while we were at school and it would all be lit up when we got home. Now Dave does it while I give constructive criticism from my seat on the sofa.

For the last 2 years I have bought some tree decorations while at the farm, there are some lovely bits that are a really reasonable price. Last year I got these 2 stars (please ignore the photo bombing penguin)

Then this year I picked up a couple of these.i thought they were quite unusual and almost Great Gatsby-ish (loved loved loved the film!)

Also as the nightmare before Christmas is my favourite film (I own a 3D version of it and get very excited every time it snows in the film) last year we bought the set of nightmare before Christmas ornaments. They actually change every year so its nice to have the 2013 collection for the year we moved in together


I have started wrapping presents, I have a bit of a ribbon addiction, I put it on all the presents that I wrap! this one is for my mum, and in case she's reading this.
Mum the photo makes the box look bigger than it is.


Also as its Christmas, there has to be Christmas candles! Dave bought me a new one yesterday and it smells amazing. Its from the Glade Christmas collection; its roasted chestnuts and macaroons


Which leads me nicely onto my last few photos - Christmas isn't Christmas without baked goods!

I absolutely love Lebkuchen. These traditional German biscuits just taste like Christmas, I have been informed by Dave that there is a good selection of different ones in Tesco at the minute, I think they're getting more popular


And here is my contribution to Christmas baking, iced sugar cookies


I hope everyone is having a lovely time preparing for Christmas, and if I don't post again before, Merry Christmas to you all, I wish you all the best for 2015 x


(And here's a picture of Norris the elephant with Santa just to finish)








1 comment:

  1. ahh Christmas - yes I can't wait to move out and live with my OH (hopefully next year) but I know chritsmas wont be the same - but sounds like you are well on your way to making your own Christmas traditions! I have SO much to do still, luckily it is really quiet at work this week so Iget to go home earlier in the days :p I wish I could stall time though because the build up to Christmas is ALWAYS the best bit! jenny xx

    ReplyDelete